YOU’RE NOT ALONE
Me: *tries to sleep*
Brain: HEY, remember that really embarrassing thing you did seven years ago?
Let’s have a think about that –Gena-mour Barrett
Brain: Coming right up
Me: Remember to pay that bill.
Brain: Hey, remember that Lost episode where the couple gets paralyzed DO THOSE SPIDERS LIVE NEAR US
Research presented at the American Psychological Association’s 2013 meeting in Honolulu showed you don’t always need eight hours; the problem is worrying about getting enough sleep!
- Don’t use your bedroom for anything but sleep and sex: no TV, no reading, no studying. Just sleep. And sex.
- Don’t eat a heavy meal late in the evening; try having something light- like yogurt- about 90 minutes before bed.
- Don’t drink caffeinated beverages in the evening.
- Don’t exercise in the evening- plan your workouts for earlier in the day.
- Stop using the computer, cell phone, reader, TV about an hour before bed.
- Use relaxation techniques.